Sundays Breakfast was so amazing! I have received some suspicious looks from the kids, meanwhile they were enjoying their freshly baked Banana Granola Bars for breakfast, without really being aware of the chia seeds in it. Being sneaky mommy, does the trick sometimes!
This breakfast is filling, well balanced and very nutritious, includes: fiber, protein, healthy fats and so much more!
Why Chia Seeds: Mostly because it’s considered one of the most amazing superfoods, high in Omega-3 fatty acids, which most of us don’t consume enough. We need Omega-3 fats for our body to function properly, and since we can’t make these fats on our own, obtaining them from food that contains Omega-3 is very important. And it is always better to get it from the food source than the supplements. Chia seeds also contain protein, fiber, calcium, magnesium and iron.
- 1/2 c. almond milk
- 2 T chia seeds
- Mix together well in the jar or container, and let it stand for a couple of minutes, then mix it again.
- This way the seeds won’t be stuck together.
- Close the container and put it in the fridge for couple of hours.
- I have prepared it the night before, and left it overnight in the fridge.
- 1/4 c. almond milk
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 T. raw cacao powder
- 1 ripe banana(frozen-optional)
- Handful of walnuts
- 2-4 Brazil nuts
- 1 T. unsweetened coconut flakes
- Pour your Chia Seeds Pudding into the dish or a jar.
- Blend together: avocado, raw cacao powder, almond milk and the banana.
- Chop the nuts.
- Put it all together and top with the coconut flakes.
- Garnish your dish with the sliced apple or Goji berries for a pretty breakfast.