Introducing our family’s best pancakes! My poor kids, ahem I mean lucky… testing every new recipe, good or bad. Some mornings I will see them pushing the plate away and telling me they are not hungry, and there are times it’s lick the plate days – a keeper recipe, yay!
I do admit for baking a lot, for some reason it became part of my daily routine. Wake up, lemon water, yoga/workout, shower and BAKE. And then I am wondering why there is not enough time in the morning.
These pancakes can be easily prepared on the weekend before the busy week begins and have them available in freezer to serve in the morning with you favorite topping. You can purchase a pretty good GF flour mix at the store or try this GF flour mix from my previous post.
I love to spread a nut or seed butter with some honey, maple syrup, or homemade jam and never forget my coconut flakes. It is a must!
- 1 c. gluten-free flour or a flour of you choice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk (any non-dairy milk)
- 2 tbs. coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of himalayan salt
- Preheat the pan with 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Combine all the ingredients in the large bowl and give it a good stir with the hand mixer or a blender. Using a measuring 1/4 cup, pour the mixture into the pan.
- After about a minute flip the pancakes to the other side.
- Don't leave or it will burn fast, believe me!
- Serve warm right away or cool down and freeze for later.
- Homemade Apple Jam.
- Use one cored sweet apple with 1 tbsp of honey in the blender, fast and easy! Adjust sweetness to your liking.