Wondering how to give yourself a boost of vitamin C in upcoming months of fall, winter and spring and reduce cold symptoms!? Besides supplementing with vitamin C, freshly juiced juices are one of the greatest way to get your vitamins and minerals fast.
Vitamin C will prevent free radical damage(repairs damaged cells & tissues), which will decrease the inflammatory response in the body leading to stronger immune system. I love eating or juicing a grapefruit, it has so many amazing benefits like: weight loss, helps with bowel movement, improves food digestion, prevents illnesses during the winter months, and fights cancer. How awesome is that!
One thing I want to mention about Grapefruit, is if you are taking any medication, please do not consume anything grapefruit (juice or extract). Grapefruit juice will make the medication more potent by slowing down detoxification in the intestines & liver, making it much harder on the body to breakdown and eliminate the drug.
The juice also includes a beet, which provides antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and detoxification support. A lemon, great source of vitamin C and folate, producing an antioxidant and antibiotic like effect in the body. Include about a 1/2 an inch of ginger. Ginger is known to prevent any digestive distress, also has an antioxidant properties, preventing inflammation. And last but not least 4 small green apples or 1 large apple. I love using green apples in juicing, they help with blood sugar regulation. Apples are great source of vitamin C as well. And just make sure you are using organic produce to get all the amazing benefits out of the juice!
Tips for Juicing
- Before swallowing the juice swish it in the mouth, and move the jaw in chewing motion. That will release the digestive enzymes in the saliva and help with nutrients absorption.
- Drink the juice in between the meals on the empty stomach, so the precious minerals and vitamins will go into the blood stream quickly.
- Don’t have time to juice! Prepare your ingredients in the zip log bag the night before, pre-wash, peel and cut in small pieces to save time.
- 1 pink grapefruit, peel removed
- 1/2 peeled beet
- 1 organic lemon with the peel
- 1/2 inch organic ginger
- 4 small organic green apples or 1 large green apple
- Peel the grapefruit and leave the peel on the organic lemon then cut in slices. Slice the apples and remove the seeds. Piece by piece following by ginger add everything into the juicer, strain the pulp and enjoy. Drink imminently or within 15 minutes!