Oh, why is Nutella spread is so addictive but makes us so happy at the same time?!!!
It literally drove me crazy, I couldn’t have one of these jars at home, or it would be all gone by the end of the day no matter what size of the jar it was!
From a nutrition perspective, craving chocolate is a sign that the body actually needs a mineral called magnesium, which is required by the body to keep the blood pressure normal, helps to form strong & healthy bones, and responsible for many important biochemical functions which we can’t live without.
Let’s increase the happy feeling and your dopamine production, the happy hormone!
Eat foods rich in magnesium every day, such as:
- dark leafy greens
- pumpkin seeds
- black beans
- …and CHOCOLATE!
Be aware of a chocolate you’re buying and that includes Nutella spread, make sure that the ingredients don’t actually do the opposite and deplete your body of magnesium.
Nutella’s ingredients: sugar, modified palm oil, hazelnuts, cocoa, skimmed milk powder, whey powder, lecithin(soy), an artificial flavor and vanilla VS Hazelnut Spread ingredients: raw cacao powder, almond milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar, vanilla extract & Himalayan sea.
Do your body good and choose pure & clean ingredients as much as possible! #loveyourbody
To make hazelnut butter first, you need ….. patience, right?! Something I’m working on every day, but that’s a different subject altogether! 😆
Yields 2 small jars
- 1 1/2 raw hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp raw organic cacao
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 300°F, line a pan with parchment paper
- Toast hazelnuts in the oven for about 8 – 10 minutes, remove and let them cool down
- Place toasted nuts on the towel, rolling them back and forth to get the skin off as much as possible
- Add cleaned hazelnuts to the food processor with an S-blade, run it on a high-speed for 10-12 minutes until the nut mixture becomes completely smooth and somewhat buttery. While the nut mixture is spinning stop the machine and scrape sides of the container every couple of minutes, continue until you get the buttery consistency
- Add all the other ingredients to the food processor and sping again for another 3 to 5 minutes or more to get the consistency you’re going for.
- Pour hazelnut spread into a jar and store it in the fridge