Holiday season is here!!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! I hope you are all celebrating in the circle of your family or friends!
We have been lucky to get our power back right before Christmas. On the last Saturday night all of our area was hit with the ice storm, lots of rain which followed by the cold night. Unbelievable layers of ice on the trees, roads, cars…. well everywhere!
Luckily our ski trip was coming up! Leaving our cold house, we headed to the Blue Mountain in Collingwood. What a fun and magical way to spend this holiday! Ski, skating, snowboarding, swimming in the outdoors hot pool with friends and drinking hot chocolate… well maybe too much of it!
The Christmas morning itself, we spent home with the power being all back on. I was so excited to serve a freshly baked Banana Bread topped with Raspberry Jam. It was really perfect!
- 2 c. spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp: ginger / cloves / nutmeg
- 3/4 salt
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
- 1 T coconut sugar
- 3 T milk of your choice (I have used almond)
- 3 1/2 T coconut oil melted
- 1/2 c. maple syrup
- 2 c. ripe and mashed bananas
- 1 1/2 T lemon juice or apple cider vinigre
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. First combine dry ingredients together, in another bowl mix wet ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into the flour mixture and combine. I have used a loaf pan, grease it with the coconut oil and pour your banana bread mix into it.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Insert the tooth peak to check if it comes out dry, then remove the bread form the oven to cool down.