No I’m not going to tell you all, that my kids won’t eat any candy on Halloween, because it’s not true! Candies are handed out in school and everywhere you go this weekend. There are some great ideas online to trade the sweets for a toy or something else, my kids won’t buy it any more. So I just loaded our fridge with lots of fruit, healthy snacks, and some attractive looking mousse.
Breakfast idea – add some hemp seeds or chia seeds on top, for extra protein and make it as a very filling breakfast. Super fun to start Halloween with themed colour delicious layered mousse. I know avocado based dessert sounds a little weird, but trust me there is no after taste of avocado. It makes the texture so nice and smooth!
Avocado’s secret nutrients: good fats – monounsaturated fatty acid, oleic acid, as well as antioxidant nutrients, vitamin E, and vitamin C. This amazing”fruit”, since it’s hanging off the tree, found to help with blood sugar control, insulin regulation, satiety and weight management, and decreased overall risk of unwanted inflammation. What else can you wish for?!
Another really tasty idea to pour avocado chocolate mouse into the popsicle molds and make an ice cream for later. Never fails!
- Chocolate Mousse
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup raw organic trade cacao powder
- 1/4 maple syrup
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- Mango Sorbet
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Prepare 3 or 4 see through glasses, jars or any clear glass dishes.
- Place the avocado, cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla and salt in food processor, add coconut milk. Process until smooth and pretty thick. Pour into a separate bowl
- For Mango Sorbet: place 1 cup of frozen mango, maple syrup and filtered water in food processor and blend
- Create layers by placing chocolate mousse first and finish with mango sorbet
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds to add a little red blood droplet look to your dessert.