The most satisfying snack you can ever have, energy / protein balls…. you can call them anything. Packed with good fats and tons of nutrients. Orange Pistachio Energy Balls are so easy to make, freeze and have them on the go or with a tea at 4pm when you want something sweet & yummy.
I love to incorporate Maca root powder into my energy balls and smoothies too. Maca powder is known as an adaptogen, meaning helps the body adapt to stress. Brings up your energy levels, balances hormones, and increases fertility. Maca is high in minerals, vitamins, amino acids and essential fatty acids. So so so great for an afternoon crash, to stabilize your diminishing energy and has a nice taste too!!!
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup organic raw almonds
- 1/4 cup raw pistachios + 2 Tbsp more for rolling
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- 1/4 cup juice from an orange or 2 drops of doTERRA Wild Orange essential oil
- 1 tbsp or orange oeel zest, organic
- pinch of sea salt
- Finely chop the pistachios in a food processor, set aside.
- Mix together in food processor: cacao powder, almonds, dates, and orange juice until mixture is sticky.
- Roll into medium size balls and dip in extra chopped pistachios.