December Holidays! Are you excited? Aside from the stress of cooking, running around, buying gifts and what not… I always try to remind myself that it’s all about spending time with the family and friends. People who are close to us, and create memories together. Since in years to come it will be hard to remember which gift we have received and when, but rather who you have spent the time with and how much fun it was.
Wishing you all Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas my friends! May you all be surrounded by LOVE and PIECE!
I have had a request from my dear friend, who is also a Doula, to share this recipe of the Raw Carrot Bites or Bars. Back in October we went to visit a farm with our families, where I got to share my treat with her. These are my favorites to freezer and grab anytime when you need a snack. Carrot bites are well balanced, sweet and energizing because of the ingredients like dates and nuts. Try it yourself, they are pretty easy to make.
- 1 cup mixed almonds and walnuts
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes unsweetened
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, liquefied
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Extra 1/4 cup of coconut flakes for rolling.
- In the food processor mix together dates, nuts, shredded carrot, coconut oil and spices. Form a ball of dough and make it into a small size balls.
- Roll the bites into coconut flakes and freeze.