Words can’t describe enough, how much I am in love with my daily smoothies. Sounds very dramatic, right!
The truth is, if you can stick to one smoothie a day, you won’t regret it. Feeling great and energized! Just ask my husband, I got him hooked! He makes it every morning, before leaving to his renovation jobs.
We need so many vegetables, fruits, healthy fats or grains to receive enough nutrition throughout the day, not to mention if you are physically active as well! It’s possible, when combining some of these great ingredients in one drink!
TIME FOR THE DAILY SMOOTHIE
- After a workout smoothie makes a quick meal high in protein, and nutrients the body needs to recover.
- Going out of the house for a long period of time and want to avoid all this junk places. A specially when your kids and a husband made up their mind that they will eat anything, because they are hungry despite the healthy snacks that you have packed for them.
- A quick and satisfying lunch idea.
- Smoothie will prevent you from snacking on random food, while you are taking your time to prepare dinner for the family.
- Any sort of crazy craving! (usually sugar craving for me). I will mix avocado, cacao powder with some dates and almond milk, chill in the fridge, and imagine I am having the desert of my life!
What are your uncontrollable cravings, which drive you nuts?
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 or 1 banana (fresh/frozen)
- 1/2 avocado*
- 1 cup berries (fresh/frozen)
- couple of strawberries
- 1 scoop protein powder (I have used Warrior Blend this time)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)*
- 1 tspn chlorella (optional)*
Drop it all in the mixer and blend.
WHY AVOCADO? Doesn’t taste like it in the smoothie but it adds a healthy monounsaturated fat into your drink, will help to raise the good cholesterol levels.
WHY CHIA SEEDS? Dietary fiber, important for digestive health!
WHY Chlorella? A green unicellular algae grows in rivers and lakes of South East Asia and Australia.
I choose to take it daily to include in a good source of B12, B1, B2, B6, folic acid, and vit. C, A, E, K. It contains mineral such as: magnesium, potassium, iron and calcium. Also has the ability of binding with the harmful toxins, which have accumulated in our body, and go through detoxification. More health benefits for Chlorella here.
Had this smoothie made last week, before running out of the door.
Enjoy your Smoothie!